In developing a game plan Coach Andy Kotelnicki, Offensive Coordinator at the University of Buffalo, begins with Distortion of the Defense.
His philosophy is pretty straightforward: Do what you need to do to create grass.
Things to consider when game planning:
- You must figure out how to use formations, motions and route concepts to create space.
- your game plan should create situations in which the defender has dual responsibility in the run or pass.
- Utilize blocking schemes and pass concepts to create horizontal or vertical distortion
Remember the following:
- How do you design your plays to allow for execution by your players?
- How do you make them cover a larger area?
- How do you make them option sound?
This clip was taken from a complete course on game planning. For more information regarding that course click the following link: Game Planning Master Class